The holidays are here, and we have a lot to be grateful for as a firm before we go to celebrate with our loved ones. Before we enter 2022 (crazy to even type that number!), we wanted to pause and say thank you to all of you: our founders, the incredible teams, our investors, and of course, the Next Coast Ventures family. You all made 2021 a great year!
The future is looking merry and bright at Next Coast Ventures. Now, here are:
21 Reasons Next Coast is Grateful in '21:
1. Everlywell acquired PWNHealth and Home Access Health Corporation and formed parent company Everly Health.
2. Chargeback was acquired by Sift.
3. Dosh was acquired by Cardlytics (NASDAQ: CDLX).
4. Tenfold was acquired by LivePerson (NASDAQ: LPSN).
5. Navegate was acquired by Radiant Logistics (NYSE: RLGT).
6. AlertMedia received a strategic growth investment from Vista Equity Partners.
7. ICON completed a $207M series B round of financing led by Norwest Venture Partners.
8. Aclaimant raises a Series B led by NCV.
9. BrainCheck raised a $10M series B led by NCV and joining existing investor S3 Ventures.
10. CrowdHealth raised a $6M investment round led by NCV alongside Activate Venture Partners.
11. Osano raised $11M. NCV invested alongside new investors Jump Capital, TDF Ventures and existing investor, Live Oak Partners.
12. UpEquity raised a Series B. With S3 Ventures leading the round, NCV also invested alongside BP Capital Management, Alumni Ventures, Gaingels, Launchpad Capital.
14. We welcomed many other new investments into our portfolio, such as:
- Domain Money, an easy-to-use, secure platform to invest in both stocks and cryptocurrencies created by the team that built Marcus by Goldman Sachs and Adam Dell
- ABLE, the first income management platform designed for the new economy of independent workers
- Haul, a modern, on-demand platform for CDL drivers that connects trucking fleets with drivers
- Floorfound, a software platform that facilitates returns and resales of oversized products for eCommerce retailers
- Conversifi (Speak App), a language learning platform connecting foreign language learners with native speakers
- Tuned, the all-in-one platform to create, test, automate, and monetize trading strategies
- Addapptation, provides ABM solutions to enhance ABM processes
15. The Next Coast Ventures team grew from 7 to 12 (!!) team members including Adam Rogers as Partner, Julie Dodd as Venture Partner, Adam Cross as VP of Investor Relations, Michael Tian as Associate, and former EIR, Scott Miller as Venture Partner.
16. We got a makeover this year…in both our investing themes and our website!
- Check out our 8 new investing themes →
- We modernized the Next Coast brand with a website refresh →
- We created the first-ever Founder Gift Guide →
And because we couldn’t resist celebrating our cities, our last ones are how we are thankful to be located in (in our opinion) one of the greatest cities in the world…Austin, Texas!
17. Austin grew +33.0% from 2010-2020, ranking us as the fastest growing large metro. (Source: Austin Chamber)
18. In Q3, Austin startups generated $2.9B + in exits and had the biggest quarter for exit value recorded since 2014. (Source: Austin Business Journal)
19. 111 Austin companies made the Inc. 5000 list and four were Next Coast portfolio companies.
20. The $2.4B Austin startups raised in the first half of 2021 was already ahead of the $2.26B raised throughout all of 2020. (Source: Austin Business Journal)
21. Hiring in Austin is up 25.1% in November 2021 from last year, and Austin ranked #1 in all U.S. metro areas with the strongest hiring rates relative to pre-COVID. (Source: LinkedIn)