Next Coast Ventures is a leading venture capital firm in Austin Texas with more than $265M in assets under management across three funds. Since our founding in 2016, one of our core values has been to “Be the First Call” for the entrepreneurs we serve.
We want to be an incredibly supportive partner who is there to help entrepreneurs with the challenges of running their business. To do so, we have built an array of platform resources we make available to our companies to help them address a broad range of operational challenges. We call these Company Building Playbooks, or “CBP”s. This is enhanced by the Next Coast Ventures Expert Network, which consists of 150+ top operators in Austin and similar “next coast” markets who are willing to provide advice and mentorship to our portfolio companies.
We are searching for a Partner to join us as Head of Platform. This is an incredible role for someone who loves to work with entrepreneurs and early stage startups to solve mission critical initiatives, while serving as a highly visible Next Coast Ventures representative to the tech community. Your focus is to ensure Next Coast Ventures is doing whatever we can to provide operational support across our portfolio.
This is NOT an investment position where you are working on new deal opportunities. This role is about understanding the different challenges our portfolio companies face and using our network to solve problems. You will also be responsible for productizing the core offering of the Next Coast Ventures Platform, continually seeking feedback on our CBPs and helping implement these across our portfolio companies. The ideal candidate can adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges, and will care deeply about our ethos of hustle, heart, and humility, supporting entrepreneurs who build revolutionary companies.
Engaging and supporting our portfolio companies, leading the infrastructure and processes
- Building and managing the Next Coast Ventures Expert Network
- Creating and curating a curriculum CBPs for our founders, across all aspects of building innovative companies
- Developing recurring practices for the Next Coast Ventures team to frequently engage with portfolio companies
- Managing an internal Next Coast Ventures education portal for our founders
Managing Next Coast Ventures hosted events (8–10 events per year for the Austin / Next Coast tech community ranging from sector-focused dinners to broader tech events
- Managing our annual Founder’s Forum
- Developing feedback loops so Next Coast Ventures can continue to best serve the needs of our local tech community
Developing Next Coast Ventures’s PR, marketing, and branding efforts within Austin and other next coast markets
- Managing relationships and business with branding and media stakeholders
- Assisting in development of guest editorial content and creation of Next Coast Ventures content, for distribution to broader community, on a recurring basis
- Writing and distributing recurring newsletters/content
- Planning team’s involvement at broader tech and industry events in Austin and other next coast markets
Driving the growth of this platform role, building relationships within the community and staying on top of best practices to ultimately drive the sustainability, success, and health/happiness of our founders
Dependent upon experience.
Please email email@example.com
with the subject line: “Head of Platform — application”, your resume, and your story with an example of why you think you’re the best candidate, given the job description.
We will review all submitted applications and will contact you within 7-10 days if we believe you might be a fit for the role. We request that individuals not inquire about their application status.